Terms and Conditions
All items stated on our website include free ground floor delivery to mainland UK unless they are from our accessories page (piano stools & headphones). Please let us know if you are a resident in the Republic of Ireland as we also make regular trips and we would be happy to supply a quotation. Please contact us if you have steps outside the property, stairs, or difficult access, a quotation can then be provided. We reserve the right to charge for delays or cancelled delivery.
Here at Broughton Pianos every instrument is checked by our fully qualified piano technicians before leaving for delivery; this ensures all of customers are 100% satisfied. In the unlikely event of an item being faulty or not suiting the acoustics of room its being kept in, we will assess the situation in a neutral manner and reach an agreement to suit all. Broughton Pianos does not accept any returns for non-faulty goods after the statutory period and we will use the discretion of our professional piano technicians to determine if an instrument is faulty. If a change of mind occurs after purchase rest assured we will do our best to find an alternative instrument.
Rent with the option to purchase
Here at Broughton Pianos we are delighted to be able to offer customers the chance to rent a new or used instrument for 6 months with the option to purchase. You pay a one-off fee that lasts for the hire term and you are then left with the remaining balance to pay 6 months later. Customers find this method extremely appealing for many different reasons, for example:
- It gives you time when the piano arrives home to connect with the instrument, as every acoustic piano can sound different when it’s played in a domestic environment compared to our showrooms
- You are able to change the instrument for another model within 6 months which could mean you could upgrade and go for something a little more expensive or down grade to something that’s a little more affordable
- It spreads the cost at no additional fee
If you decide to change the instrument within 6 months, we charge £85. This charge is classed as a changeover fee for moving the existing model out of your home and the new one in.
If you discover that playing the piano isn’t for you, we simply arrange a collection date with you after your hire duration and take the piano away. No additional charges will be made.
In the event that your new piano needs to be delivered upstairs we would require pictures and measurements to be emailed into our sales team (email@example.com). We would then calculate an upstairs delivery quotation for you. In some local cases we may request to come and view the access to make sure the piano will fit round tight corners in a staircase.
Home assembly required
If you have purchased an instrument from our digital piano range and not selected the ‘Premium Delivery Service’ then the instrument will be arriving in a flatpack box and will require self-assembly.
The assembly of most digital pianos will take you around a minimum of 1 hour. We strongly recommend that you have two people present during the assembly. Instructions of assembly will be located inside flatpack box.
All Silent, AnyTime ATX 3, AURES, TransAcoustic and Disklavier pianos come with free manufacturer headphones.
All premium and Hybrid digital pianos come with free manufacturer headphones. We only supply the best quality Yamaha or Kawai headphones which give the user the very best piano experience.
If you have any questions regarding headphone models, please contact a member of our staff on 01562 731113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We ask customers to call 01562 731113 and speak to our sales team for our best quote.
Here at Broughton’s we are happy to try and match any legitimate UK based musical retailer. We have been in business for over 35 years and much of our success has been down to offering the largest selection of pianos at the most competitive prices.
If you have seen the same product advertised on another UK based retailers online shop or within the showroom, please call us on 01562 731113 and we will try and beat their quote instead of just matching it.
Broughton Pianos Price Match Terms & Conditions
- Finance may not be available on price-matched products
- You must be able to substantiate the quotation
- We do not match verbal quotes
- The product must be kept in stock by the competitor
- We reserve the right not to price match if we currently have insufficient stock on certain instruments.
Why Broughton Pianos should be your preferred choice rather than overseas companies:
Over the years we have listened intently to our customers and have gathered their feedback in relation to their experiences of dealing with overseas companies.
Please see below the frequent feedback we have received in relation to this:
- Delivery charges are not always shown to customers until you commit to purchasing.
- Talk to our team rather than someone who’s English speaking skills could be poor, important information can get lost in translation.
- Once purchased prices are then converted into GBP by your credit card provider, this figure can often amount to more than the price you see advertised in Euro due to exchange rates.
- Buying from a European retailer will mean that your new instrument will be sent via courier, customers have been known to have to assist in getting the instrument off the back of a van and into your home.
- Pianos will not come assembled and customers are left with masses of cardboard and packaging to dispose of.
- European products come with a different warranty, here in the UK manufacturers have their own engineers if something goes wrong with your piano. Buy from Broughton’s and get a proper warranty, one that you can have confidence in!
- We can provide finance on all products, European retailers cannot offer this service to customers in the UK.
- Buy from Broughton Pianos and have 7 days a week support available.
We take pride in being able to offer you a team, whose excellent communication skills will ensure nothing is lost in translation.
Furthermore, you will also be supporting your local piano shop and will be allowing us to carry on this wonderful family business.